60 Margaret Street is ideally positioned on the corner of George and Margaret Street, right above the MetCentre. Featuring efficient workspaces, the building’s wrap around windows bring in abundant natural light and superb vistas over all corners of the city from Sydney Harbour and surrounding parklands to Cockle Bay, Walsh Bay and Darling Harbour.
In 2017 EVC was appointed by Mirvac to project manage the upgrade of the base building design for Level 9 with a view to upgrade floors progressively as they become available.
The key drivers for the project included:
- The need to improve the marketability of the floor by displaying large, open spaces that are available for lease
- The opportunity to upgrade the design of the lift lobby to re-present the floor as a modern, A-Grade building
- The ability to use the availability of the floor to test a new base building design from an architectural and services perspective
- The requirement to bring the floor up to current compliance standards
- The improvement of the base building floor density ratio
The main features of the upgrade included:
- New base building standard lift lobby design
- Upgrade of the male and female bathrooms to accommodate a 1:10m2 floor space ratio
- Cushion backed carpet for the added lessee comfort
- The installation of new, intelligent LED troffer lights with the latest sensor technology to bring greater efficiencies to the building and comfort to the tenants
- A professional lighting design to enhance the quality of the design and materials