The MLC Centre is a significant commercial 60-storey office tower centrally located in Martin Place, Sydney. The podium of the building includes a shopping centre with several exclusive fashion labels and a 1,186-seat theatre, the Theatre Royal.
In January 2013, EVC was appointed by the owners of the MLC to project manage the conversion of over 3,000m² of tenancy space into spec suites.
The key features of the project included:
- The conversion of vacant tenancy space on levels 14, 23, 27, 33 and 61 into refurbished office spec suites for ready-built leasing purposes
- Obtaining a brief from the client and leasing agents to deliver to the D&C contractor
- Value engineering the brief and scope to obtain competitive delivery costs which met the leasing returns available
- Coordinating all authority and building consultant approvals to complete delivery of works
- Ensuring the spec suites met the clients’ needs as signed off by the ownership group
- Coordinating integrated solutions between base building and spec suite contractors
- Six spec suites completed with a combined total of 81 workstations, four offices, seven meeting rooms ranging from four to 12 persons, five entries, a comms room, and each with its own communal kitchen