Sydney Central has 46,500m² of NLA and is located between Central Station and Sydney’s Chinatown. The tower has 31 storeys with two levels of retail space and basement car parks.
During 2006, EVC developed a new base building lift lobby and toilet upgrade design for the typical floors within the commercial tower whilst the building was fully occupied.
The key features included:
- The design and installation of a new combined ground floor security/concierge facility within the main tower lift lobby
- The design and installation of a new contemporary main tower lift lobby
- The refurbishment and upgrade of over 30 levels of lift lobbies, bathrooms, tea rooms and showers whilst all levels were fully occupied
- The design and installation of a new retail signage scheme to the lower and ground floor retail areas
- The relocation of six escalators in the retail area to better facilitate tenant and visitor access to the retail and restaurant areas